In a year in Golden you could:
- Welcome the Snow King at the Masque Parade,
- Kick back with friends and enjoy some outdoor music performances at Summer Kicks,
- Catch some performances by renowned musicians and comedians who love performing in our community,
- Get your camera rolling and enter a short film in the Golden BC Film Festival,
- Head to the Golden Cinema and watch a film from the TIFF Film Circuit during Film Kicks,
- Join the Purcell Mountain Orchestra, the Golden & District Community Choir, or the Golden Players Theatre Group and spend some time with your neighbours,
- Get a taste of our local artists when you check out an exhibit at the Art Gallery of Golden, and
- Learn a little something about the history of Golden at the Golden BC Museum.
Our local Arts Council, Kicking Horse Culture, works hard to keep Golden celebrating arts, culture and community year round. They have been rated in the top 5 Community Arts Councils by the BC Arts Council for the past 3 years!
Check out these links to find out more about what’s going on in Golden!
Kicking Horse Culture
Kicking Horse Chamber of Commerce
Golden BC Museum
We were shocked by the amount of arts and culture in Golden and by Kicking Horse Culture. They bring a lot of performances to town and we’ve seen a lot more quality shows than we ever expected.
Alison and Glenn Kippan
Can you go for a paddle in your backyard?
Whether you're a novice or a die-hard kayaking enthusiast, with over ten rivers in Golden's backyard, you'll find one that's the right speed for you.
What puts a smile on your face?
A tranquil afternoon in her Golden backyard puts a smile on Katie's face.
Need room to run?
With options like taking a riverside walk or exploring a trail in the mountains, dog owners in Golden never have to settle for a boring routine.
Is your backyard home to some of the best bike terrain in North America?
Spend your days riding on Golden’s epic trails and enjoying the breathtaking views.